Honda Celebration of Light 2017Posted on 10 Mar 17
Honda Celebration of Light is returning to Vancouver this summer for the 27th year.
Here are some fun facts to celebrate the return:
- It is Vancouver’s largest free and public event and is the longest running offshore fireworks competition in the world
- Originally known as Benson & Hedges Symphony of Fire
- This year’s participating countries are Japan, represented by AKARIYA Fireworks (July 29), United Kingdom, represented by Jubilee Fireworks (August 2) and Canada,
represented by Royal Pyrotechnie (August 5)
- To celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday, all three countries must feature an iconic Canadian song in their musical soundtrack. This increases the display from 25 minutes to
- The public is encouraged to vote here for the Canadian song. Voting is open until April 2nd and the top three songs will be allocated, one to each country
- The fireworks are launched in the middle of English Bay and start at 10:00 pm
- Honda Celebration of Light generates approximately $40 million dollars for the local economy annually
- Estimated annual attendance is 1.2 million people
- Last year’s final display (USA, represented by Walt Disney Company) broke attendance records
“The Honda Celebration of Light sparks togetherness and celebrates the spirit of our city as Vancouver’s premier event”
Paul Tilbury, co-chair of the Vancouver Fireworks Festival Society.
Contact us at 604-689-1227 / email@example.com to ask about availability for a private event and the best view of the show.
Photo Credit: Life Studios
Photo Credit: Tammy Kwan